OVERSEAS ORE COURSE -
Venue: MUMBAI, INDIA
Bay Dental Institute
Suite 601-603, A-Wing, Plaza Panchashil,
6th Floor, Next to Dharam Palace,
Hughes Road, Mumbai - 400 007
5-Day OSCE, DTP & ME course: 8th-12th June '19
5-Day Manikin Course : 14th- 18th June '19
- 10-DAY MANIKIN, OSCE, DTP AND ME COURSE:
- COVERS ALL THE COMPONENTS NEEDED TO PASS THE ORE PART 2 EXAM
- REGISTER WITH THE GENERAL DENTAL COUNCIL, UK ONCE YOU PASS
- ALL MATERIALS AND HANDOUTS PROVIDED WITH UP TO DATE INFORMATION.
- FREE FACEBOOK SUPPORT FROM THE COURSE TUTORS TILL YOU PASS YOUR EXAM.
- ALL BOOKINGS ARE TAKEN ON FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
- BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
5 DAY OSCE, DTP & ME COURSE:
Date: 8th-12th June '19
- Day 1: SKILLED OSCE COURSE
- Day 2: ACTOR & WRITTEN OSCE COURSE
- Day 3: DTP COURSE
- Day 4: ME & ME MOCK COURSE
- Day 5: OSCE & DTP MOCK
1ST DAY: SKILLED OSCE COURSE:
Course includes Lecture and demonstration of all skilled OSCEs.
Skilled OSCE handout will be provided.
Guidance offered on how to approach each type of station with effective time management.
Our Skilled OSCE courses gives you the opportunity to practise and learn using the following:
- Dental Surveyor
- Cephalometric Tracing
- RPD designing using models
- IM injection
- Use of IOTN ruler ( FREE IOTN RULER FOR EACH CANDIDATE ATTENDING THE COURSE)
- Use of X-ray holders
- Arrangement of Intra-Oral Radiographs
- Splinting of avulsed tooth
- Identification of surgical instruments.
- Rubber Dam placement
- Dental charting
- Waste disposal
- Hand washing
Course also includes:
- Skilled OSCEs: using similar materials that are used in the exam
- Continued support from our course tutors till you pass the exam
2ND DAY: ACTOR & WRITTEN OSCE COURSE:
- Course includes a lecture and demonstration of the most common actor and written OSCEs in the exam.
- OSCE handout will be provided.
- Guidance offered on how to approach each type of station with effective time management.
- Key points covered with correct guidance to meet examiner's expectations.
- Written OSCEs: Covering exam topics.
3RD DAY: DTP Course:
Course includes presentation and lecture with exam based guidance, including guidance on using exam forms.
DTP handout will be provided.
All cases will have relevant radiographs, photographs and models.
This course will provide all the guidance necessary for the ORE exam.
Other Crucial areas covered are:
- Effective history taking using actors
- Diagnosis using appropriate investigations
- Radiograph interpretation
- Treatment planning formulation and oral presentation
- Methodical approach to DTP
- Time management
- Mock exams with detailed personal feedback from course tutors
4TH DAY: MEDICAL EMERGENCY COURSE:
- Presentation including in depth discussion on structured based scenarios
- Medical Emergency handout will be provided.
- Latest relevant updates
- CPR on Adult and Child manikins including demonstration of BLS and AED with hands on practise
- Use of ME drugs and equipment including Oxygen cylinder, face mask, spacer and self -inflating bag
- ME Mock with secnarios and BLS as in the exam
Use of Medical Emergency Kit including:
- Guedels Oropharyngeal Airway
- GTN spray
- Salbutamol and use of spacer device
- Oral Glucose
- Oxygen Cylinder
Topics of discussion includes:
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Angina and Myocardial Infarction
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Basic Life Support
- Needle stick injury
5TH DAY: OSCE & DTP MOCK COURSE:
- DTP Mock exam with professional actors
- OSCE Mock exams with professional actors for actor OSCE stations
- Detailed personal feedback provided after each mock by course tutors
- Mock exams conducted similar to exam conditions with actors and atrifacts
Materials, equipment, and the use of the facility are included in the fees. Course hand outs are provided to each participating candidate.
Course Tutors are on hand to offer you full support and the required guidance throughout the course as necessary.
Venue: Mumbai, India (See above)
Day 1: 9:00am to 5:30pm
Day 2: 9:00am to 5:30pm
Day 3: 9:00am to 5:30pm
Day 4: 9:00am to 5:30pm
Day 5: 9:00am to 5:30pm
All timings are approximate and may change without prior notice.
Lunch is provided as complementary. If you have certain food allergies and special dietary needs, as we source the food from other providers, you may have to bring your own lunches.
This session attracts 30 verifiable CPD hours.
Course Tutors: Dr. Zina Saad, Dr. Jasmine Singh, Dr. Shazia Afzal
5-DAY MANIKIN COURSE:
Date: 14th-18th June '19
5-Day OSCE & DTP/ME Course
Manikin handout will be provided with all exercise descriptions and explanations.
Day 1: Introduction to the Exam, Safe practise (including chair positions), Amalgam exercises Class I and II preparations and restorations
Day 2: Composite Class III , IV, V and Cusp build up.
Day 3: FGC, PFM – anterior and posterior, Labial Veneer - Central incisor and Canine
Day 4: Recording an Impression, Temporary Crown Fabrication, Lab card, Root canal Treatment& Rest seat preparation,
Day 5: Supervised Practise Day and personal feedback. Candidates can use this day to practice the exercises they have learnt on the previous 4 days.
The course tutors will provide each candidate with written feedback for each exercise.
- Our 5 Day Manikin courses are suitable for Beginners to ORE II, or candidates who have limited Manikin skills but sound knowledge of basic dentistry is essential.
- Candidates are taught: safe practise, sitting positions, indirect vision.
- The course covers complete GDC manikin guidelines/ consortium for the ORE II exam.
- Each exercise fully explained with presentation and live demonstrations followed by ample time for hands- on practise.
- Tutorial handout is provided to each participating candidate.
- Candidates will be able to take all their own preparation with them at the end of the course.
PRE- COURSE PREPARATION:
It is essential that candidates read and study the GDC ORE II Manikin guidelines. It will be beneficial if you are also able to practise simple cutting on model teeth to gain handpiece control prior to attending the course.
- After completing your course it is advised to practise at least for 3 hours per sesion each day at home.
- Please allow ample time to parctise before booking your exam. We recommend on average 4 months.
- We also emphasize candidates practise on genuine exam models and teeth purchased from genuine suppliers. This will greatly enhance your preparation.
- Candidates should book a Mock Exam at MR. Dental facility in the UK before their exam.
- MR. Dental Manikin Facility very similar to the exam. Mocks will be marked and conditions will be exactly as in the exam.
"MAKE YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT COUNT "
Endo teeth, instruments, materials, and full use of the facility equipment are included. This course attracts 6 verifiable CPD hours per Day.
Course Tutors: Dr. Fred Mukwenda BDS, MPH, MSC (CONS) and Dr. Anita Pradhan BDS, FAGE
Day 1: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Day 2: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Day 3: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Day 4: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Day 5: 9.00am - 5.30pm
How to book:
Bookings using UK card or Paypal:
Click on 'My Basket' to view your order, before commencing your card payment. Once your payment has been completed, please ensure you complete our online Course Booking Form, which will appear as a link on your order confirmation. Your place will only be confirmed by email once a payment and Course Booking Form has been received. If the course you wish to attend is fully booked, contact us to be placed on our waiting list. We will contact you should a place become available. Further information on our courses, tutors, and terms & conditions, can be found on the MR. Courses page, and FAQs.
If you are unable to book the course using our online payment methods, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments can be made via bank transfer. We will guide you further on request.