AVAILABLE WITH SPECIAL OFFER IF BOOKED WITH 5 DAY MANIKIN COURSE
5 DAY OSCE, DTP AND ME COURSE
1st DAY: SKILLED OSCE COURSE:
Course includes Lecture and demonstration of all skilled OSCEs.
Guidance offered on how to approach each type of station with effective time management.
Our Skilled OSCE courses gives you the opportunity to practise and learn using the following:
- Dental Surveyor
- Cephalometric Tracing
- RPD designing using models
- IM injection
- Use of IOTN ruler ( FREE IOTN RULER FOR EACH CANDIDATE ATTENDING THE COURSE)
- Use of X-ray holders
- Arrangement of Intra-Oral Radiographs
- Splinting of avulsed tooth
- Identification of surgical instruments.
- Rubber Dam placement
- Dental charting
- Waste disposal
- Hand washing
Course also includes:
- Skilled OSCEs: using similar materials that are used in the exam
- Continued support from our course tutors till you pass the exam
2nd DAY: ACTOR & WRITTEN OSCE COURSE:
- Course includes a lecture and demonstration of the most common actor and written OSCEs in the exam.
- Guidance offered on how to approach each type of station with effective time management.
- Key points covered with correct guidance to meet examiner's expectations.
- Written OSCEs: Covering exam topics.
3rd DAY: MEDICAL EMERGENCY COURSE:
- Presentation including in depth discussion on structured based scenarios
- Latest relevant updates
- CPR on Adult and Child manikins including demonstration of BLS and AED with hands on practise
- Use of ME drugs and equipment including Oxygen cylinder, face mask, spacer and self -inflating bag
- ME Mock with secnarios and BLS as in the exam
Use of Medical Emergency Kit including:
- Guedels Oropharyngeal Airway
- GTN spray
- Salbutamol and use of spacer device
- Oral Glucose
- Oxygen Cylinder
Topics of discussion includes:
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Angina and Myocardial Infarction
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Basic Life Support
- Needle stick injury
4th DAY: DTP Course:
Course includes presentation and lecture with exam based guidance, including guidance on using exam forms.
All cases will have relevant radiographs, photographs and models.
This course will provide all the guidance necessary for the ORE exam.
Other Crucial areas covered are:
- Effective history taking using actors
- Diagnosis using appropriate investigations
- Radiograph interpretation
- Treatment planning formulation and oral presentation
- Methodical approach to DTP
- Time management
- Mock exams with detailed personal feedback from course tutors
5th DAY: OSCE & DTP MOCK COURSE:
- DTP Mock exam with professional actors
- OSCE Mock exams with professional actors for actor OSCE stations
- Detailed personal feedback provided after each mock by course tutors
- Mock exams conducted similar to exam conditions with actors and atrifacts
Materials, equipment, and the use of the facility are included in the fees. Course hand outs are provided to each participating candidate.
Course Tutors are on hand to offer you full support and the required guidance throughout the course as necessary.
Venue: MR. Dental, Woking
Nearest station: Woking Railway Station
Course TImings: All timings are approximate and can change without prior notice.
Day 1: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Day 2: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Day 3: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Day 4: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Day 5: 9:00am to 6:00pm
All timings are approximate and may change without prior notice.
Lunch is provided as complementary. If you have certain food allergies and special dieitry needs, as we source the food from other providers, you may have to bring your own lunches.
Taxi shuttle service to and from Woking Train Station to the course venue will be at a concessionary rate of £25.00 for all days of the course. Each morning, the Taxi will wait at the pick-up point at Woking Train Station between 8:30am - 8:40am (click here for pick up point location). If you miss the taxi connection, then you must make your own way to the course venue at your own cost. In this case, no refunds will be given.
This session attracts 30 verifiable CPD hours.
Course Tutors from: Dr. Zina Saad, Dr. Jasmine Singh, Dr. Shazia Afzal, Dr. Anita Pradhan
How to book:
Select the course and date you wish to attend. Click on 'My Basket' to view your order, before commencing your card payment. Once your payment has been completed, please ensure you complete our online Course Booking Form, which will appear as a link on your order confirmation. Your place will only be confirmed by email once a payment and Course Booking Form has been received. If the course you wish to attend is fully booked, contact us to be placed on our waiting list. We will contact you should a place become available. Further information on our courses, tutors, and terms & conditions, can be found on the MR.Courses page, and FAQs.